Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Father of Compassion. God of All Comfort.

2 Corinthians 1: 3-4

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.

Clinging to this verse right now.  

Every word poignant.


Father of Compassion.  God of ALL comfort.  On my own, my soul is parched, dried up like rocky soil beneath the blazing sun.  Alone, I lack compassion and comfort, and when I am lacking, I am incapable of giving it.  As a mother.  As a wife.  As a friend.


I am thankful for new mercies everyday.  For fresh starts.  For the God of reconciliation.


This song has been on repeat lately:

There's nothing worth more, that will ever come close, no thing can compare, you are our living hope.  Your presence, Lord.

I've tasted and seen of the sweetest of love, where my heart becomes free, and my shame is undone.  Your presence, Lord.

Holy Spirit you are welcome here.  Come flood this place and fill the atmosphere.  Your Glory God is what our hearts long for, to be overcome by your presence Lord.

Let us become more aware of your presence.
Let us experience the Glory of your Goodness.

Holy Spirit
Bryan and Katie Torwalt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...